Our Manufacturers members extensively test their products to ascertain individual performance and ensure continued durability. There are many existing standards to which products can be tested – however the most prestigious and commonplace are:
- European Standard - EN12600 - Safety - Resistance against impact
- European Standard - EN356 - Security - Glass in Buildings - Security Glazing
- International Standard - ISO16933 - Glass in building - Explosion-resistant security glazing - Test and classification for arena air-blast loading
The EWFA promotes the production, specification and use of products which meet this level of performance and certification.
In addition to the above product certifications, all EWFA members also continually strive to achieve certification to ensure best practice in their internal operating procédures. They have achieved certification such as:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Standards
Certification of both the organisation and its products helps ensure best practice and that products continually deliver the specified performance.